Wyatt Technology Corporation develops instrumentation, software and techniques for the characterization of macromolecules and nanoparticles, in solution, based on light scattering and related technologies. The physical properties determined by Wyatt’s products include absolute molar mass of proteins, polymers and other macromolecules; size and charge (zeta potential); protein-protein and other biomolecular interactions; composition of conjugated proteins and co-polymers; and macromolecular conformation.
Products and Services
Wyatt’s product line includes instruments and software for:
- on-line multi-angle light scattering (MALS), used in conjunction with size exclusion chromatography to quantify absolute molar mass, size, conformation, conjugation and aggregation
- traditional (cuvette-based) and high-throughput (microwell plate-based) dynamic light scattering (DLS) to determine size (radius) and size distributions, protein melting temperature and stability-indicating parameters
- electrophoretic mobility (PALS) to determine molecular charge/zeta potential
- composition-gradient light scattering for label-free analysis of biomolecular interactions
- field-flow fractionation for separation of macromolecules and nanoparticles from 1-1000 nm, used in conjunction with on-line light scattering and other detection technologies to quantify molar mass and size
Wyatt also offers, on a limited basis, sample analysis services utilizing its unique technologies.