Main Activity in Nanotechnology
Veeco is a global leader in Process Equipment technology. Our products combine innovative technological solutions with highest capital efficiency to drive our customer’s critical manufacturing processes. Veeco serves our world-class global customer base through our dedicated sales and service organization strategically located throughout Asia, Europe, and North America.
Veeco has two business segments:
- LED & Solar Process Equipment
They provide best-in-class Process Equipment technologies primarily to manufacturers of high brightness light emitting diodes (LEDs) and solar cells.
• Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) for LEDs and CPV solar cells
• Thermal deposition sources for CIGS (Copper, Indium, Gallium and Selenium) solar cells
• Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) products which include systems and components. MBE has broad applications from power amplifiers to scientific research.
- Data Storage Process Equipment
Veeco is the world's leading equipment supplier to hard disk drive (HDD) manufacturers for the production of thin film magnetic heads. Our products enable higher areal density - the amount of data that can be stored - and improve yield and uniformity. We supply both “front” and “back-end” technologies including:
• Ion Beam Etch (IBE) and Ion Beam Deposition (IBD)
• Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
• Lapping and Dicing Equipment