Two VDI Technology Centres in Düsseldorf and Berlin are active in emerging technological fields. Combining technological competence with expertise in the interactions of innovations with economic, social and ecological dimensions they are renowned partners of decision-makers in the academic world, politics, industry and society.
They support the process of implementing new key technologies through:
- Technology forecasting, monitoring and assessment
- Management of federal and state governmental research and technology project funding
- Enhancement of technology transfer from research to industry
- Neutral and problem-solving consulting
- New ways of technology management
- Assisting new technology-oriented companies on their way to success
The technology centres are the VDI`s promoters in emerging technologies as:
- Microsystem technologies
- Laser technology
- Plasma technologies
- Surface technologies
- Working on the future, VDI Technology Centres receive support from the Federal Government, the Länder (German Federal States), the European Union and industry.