Main Activity in Nanotechnology
BioDiscovery develops and sells advanced software solutions and services that enable its customers to revolutionize drug discovery and diagnostics by efficiently managing, integrating, and analyzing data generated using high-throughput microarray technology. BioDiscovery provides a full line of modular software packages spanning the entire microarray process, including enterprise data management, image processing, data mining, statistical analysis, and collaborative knowledge management.
BioDiscovery was founded in 1997, in Los Angeles, California as a pioneer in the nascent field of microarray informatics. The company has since positioned itself as an innovative force in the industry with a strong intellectual property portfolio encompassing six issued us patents and significant number of pending applications. This dedicated focus and these continued innovations have produced a number of first-to-market products and technologies including:
- First commercial package for microarray analysis.
- First company to apply advanced spot image segmentation, and novel image analysis algorithms to microarray images.
- First company to promote and incorporate improved quantitative accuracy and the need for quality measures as well as statistical confidence measurements to microarrays.
- First fully automated image analysis product for microarrays.
- First array fabrication tracking and databasing tool.
- First company to implement Self-Organizing Maps (SOM) in a commercial product for analysis of expression array data.
- First company to implement Principal Component Analysis (PCA) in a commercial product for analysis of expression array data.
BioDiscovery develops and markets a comprehensive line of bioinformatics products capable of integrating the entire microarray experimental process. CloneTracker, ImaGene, and GeneSight are designed to function as stand alone products or together as integrated software modules. In either mode they provide novel features and capabilities for automation of array design, processing, and analysis.
In addition, BioDiscovery has developed a enterprise-wide software product called GeneDirector™, which combines the power and convenience of a database to manage large amounts of microarray data. GeneDirector integrates all the BioDiscovery software applications as well as data from sources such as Affymetrix GeneChip®.
2121 Rosecrans Ave., Suite 3315