Main Activity in Nanotechnology
Founded in 2001, A123Systems’ proprietary Nanophosphate™ technology is built on a new, highly active nanoscale material initially developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A123Systems is now one of the world’s leading suppliers of high-power lithium ion batteries using our proprietary Nanophosphate™ technology to deliver previously unattainable levels of power, safety and life. Our breakthrough technology, innovative multinational manufacturing model, team of tier-one investors, and industry leading executives are providing the power to change the game for today’s OEM, Transportation, and Cordless Solutions manufacturers.
Core competencies include:
- Material Differentiation - A123’s Nanophosphate™ Technology Provides Previously Unrealized Power, Safety and Life
- Cell Design - Incorporating State-of-the-Art Cell Design, A123 Leverages Unique Chemistry to Produce Groundbreaking Products
- Systems Integration - A123’s Pack and Systems Group Offers Custom and Off-the-Shelf Systems, Leveraging this Critical Systems Experience as Feedback for Cell Development
- Low Cost Manufacturing - Using Cutting Edge Manufacturing Techniques, A123 Provides Industry Leading Price Performance
- Industry Leading Partners - Partnerships with Market Leaders Validates A123’s Technology and Systems Across Broad Industries
Arsenal on the Charles, 321 Arsenal Street